How To Apply
How to apply for a job
Click the Apply Now button direct you to the information of the position advertised. This will provide detail of the role including the position description and contact details if you have any job-related queries and a direct link to apply.
Your application will need to include:
- Current resume must include the names and contact details of at least two work-related referees; and you must attached a page addressing the key selection criteria. Read our tips for addressing the Key Selection Criteria (provide link).
- Cover letter (cover letter to be addressed to the HR Manager)
Step 1 – you will be required to enter:
- Your first name and surname
- A daytime contact telephone number
- Indicate if your eligible to work in Australia
Step 2 – Upload documents (Resume and Cover letter) It does provide an option to write your cover letter.
Step 3 – Video Interview Questions (this section is optional - it will provide you the option to bypass).
Step 4 – Submit application.
Step 4 provides verification that your application has been submitted and received successfully. If you have any concerns, please contact the Manager Organisational Performance before the closing date on 03 53980100.
We choose interviewees based on the information you supply in your application, so don’t leave out any relevant work experience. Ensure you upload the following documents:-
- Cover letter; and
- Resume detailing your past experience and qualifications. You are required to attach an additional page to your resume addressing the Key Selection Criteria.
The interview process
If you are shortlisted we will ask you to come in for an interview, otherwise an unsuccessful email will be sent. The interview is conducted by a panel of three people, including the HR Manager, the manager and/or coordinator/Supervisor of the position advertised.
They will ask you questions addressing:
- Attitude; and
- Roles specific question, based on the key selection criteria.
At the end of the interview, you can ask questions about the job or organisation.
After the interview – the successful applicant
We will contact you by phone if you are the successful candidate. All positions require a satisfactory Police Check dated within 6 months and may require a Working with Children check.
A starting date and other conditions of employment will be agreed upon and an Offer of Contract sent to confirm the terms and conditions of your employment via an email from Happy HR, including emails from the Manager Organisational Performance providing:
Please note the following documentation will be required as part of your induction process:-
- Current driver's licence
- Working with Children (if required for role)
- If your birthplace is outside Australia, documents proving you are legally able to work in Australia
Next steps for unsuccessful applicants
Other interviewed applicants will be advised of the selection panel's decision by phone and/or by email. Unsuccessful applicants can contact the Chairperson of the selection panel for feedback on their application and interview.
Yarriambiack Shire Council is an equal opportunity employer.