You will need a planning permit to build more than one dwelling on a lot. A dwelling includes a house, unit or townhouse.
The number of dwellings you can build depends on the zoning of your land and the design of your development. Your proposal will need to meet the requirements of the Yarriambiack Planning Scheme plus any other relevant legislation.
Some of the factors that affect how many dwellings you can build will include:
- site orientation to the sun in relation to shadowing on neighbouring properties
- car parking and space for cars to turn
- windows on abutting land that are close to the boundary
- the slope of the land.
Once you have a set of plans, we recommend you request a pre-application meeting.
When assessing your plans, we will consider:
- the size of your development
- how it fits in to the neighbourhood (or, if in a zone for increased density development, whether it makes a positive contribution to the area)
- the impact it has on the rest of the neighbourhood
- what car parking is needed
- the features of the site.
Contact us via email on email@example.com or on (03) 5398 0110.