Easing Yarriambiack’s Affordable Rental Housing Shortage
Council has been successful in receiving funding as part of the State Government Regional Infrastructure Fund $2.8million, with a further $1m being funded by Council and Council’s Community Asset Committees.
As part of this project, Council is going to build up to fourteen 2 bedroom units across the Shire in the following locations:
- Hopetoun - 2 x 2 bedroom units
- Murtoa - 2 x 2 bedroom units
- Rupanyup - 2 x 2 bedroom units
- Warracknabeal - between 2 and 6 x 2 bedroom units (depending on tender pricing)
- Woomelang - 2 x 2 bedroom units
Rental housing is critically low in our Shire and this project aims to to retain the ageing residents in the town whilst freeing up existing larger dwellings that the ageing residents live in for either sale or rent.