Council is working with Gateway BEET to provide the Hopetoun and district residents with community transport as an interim measure before the Royal Flying Doctor Service collaboration extends to Hopetoun in the future. The service will be made available to residents aged over 65 years with My Aged Care eligibility.
To be able to access transport from Yarriambiack Shire you will need to have had an assessment from My Aged Care who can create a valid referral.
Many already have had an assessment from My Aged Care and have services such as domestic support or meals in place. If you have already completed a My Aged Care assessment you can book your community transport in three easy steps:
1. Call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 and tell them you would like transport added to your referrals
2. You will get a call a week or so later from the assessor who will chat to you about transport and anything else you may need and do the transport referral for you.
3. Call Gateway BEET on 0350833001 to book your transport
If you have never had an assessment from My Aged care, you will need to complete the assessment process prior to accessing the community transport services.
- You need to call them on the number above
- Request transport
- You will then get a call from an assessor who will come to your home and have a chat about your needs and organize the referral for you.
- Call Gateway BEET on (03) 5083 3001 to book your transport once you have your transport referral
Please keep in mind that the earlier you book to give Gateway BEET sufficient time to book vehicles and volunteers.
An online form for community members who would like to assist by joining Council as a Volunteer Driver can be accessed here.
It is anticipated that the Royal Flying Doctor Service expansion to Hopetoun will commence in 2023. For more information, please contact Council on (03) 5398 0100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Driver Information