Council is looking for passionate individuals to join our team as Community Support Worker for across the Shire.
The successful candidate will provide practical assistance to clients with a range of quality home support services for the frail, aged, adults and children with a disability and or their carers to promote independence, social participation and enhance quality of life with dignity.
Specialist Skills and Knowledge
- Housekeeping skills, including safe and competent use of household equipment.
- Personal care skills and experience.
- Understanding of the issues associated with ageing and disability and their carers.
- Experience/skills in day to day care of people with dementia.
- Good knowledge of general first aid.
Qualifications and Experience
- Certificate III in Aged and Disability or Individual Support
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence
- Current Victorian Police Check
- Must be contactable by phone
- Working With Childrens Check
Key Selection Criteria
- Have computer and phone skills.
- Current drivers licence.
- A Certificate III in Aged and Disability or Individual Support or a lesser qualification eg. Experience in Home Care or Personal Care.
- Will require oral and written communications skills with clients, other employees and the public.
- Flexible Working Hours (able to work around school drop off and pickup)
- Uniform Supplied
- Travel Allowance
- Work Phone Supplied
- Build relationships with clients within the community
- Work within a positive environment
All applications must address the Key Selection Criteria. Applications must be submitted via Happy HR and will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information contact Council's Manager Organisational Performance Bernardine Schilling on (03) 5398 0100 or email@example.com.