COVID Restrictions to Ease (Current as of Thursday 21 April 2022)
The following changes to the Pandemic Orders will take effect from 11.59pm, Friday 22 April. Please see below a summary of some of the key changes for our communities.
- People who are household close contacts are no longer required to isolate at home for 7 days providing they:
- Wear a mask indoors
- Avoid sensitive settings (such as hospitals)
- Undertake at least 5 RA tests over the 7 days following their identification as a household contact. If you need any tests, please don’t hesitate to contact me. If you are currently isolating as a contact, you must continue to isolate until midnight tomorrow.
- Anyone who returns a positive PCR or RA Test is still legally required to isolate for 7 days as per current requirements.
- People will be exempt from testing and isolation requirements for 12 weeks when they have previously recovered from COVID-19 (previously 8 weeks).
- People will no longer be required to show their vaccination status at any venue where it is currently required, such as hospitality premises or community events.
- Staff and patrons will also no longer required to check-in using the Service Victoria app and venues (such as community events) will not need a COVID Check-in Marshall.
- Masks will no longer be required in primary schools, early childhood, hospitality and retail settings, or at events of any size
For more information about COVID-19 in Victoria, visit the Coronavirus website.
If you are unsure about COVID-19 restrictions for your workplace, community event or facility, please contact us on email@example.com or (03) 5398 0100.